Canon Pixma MP530 and Airport Extreme problems

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by rmil, May 30, 2007.

1. rmil macrumors newbie

I recently bought a Canon Pixma MP530 printer. I used to use an HP printer and had no problem connecting the printer to my Airport extreme through the USB and printing wirelessly. However, when I attach the Canon Pixma MP530 to the Airport Extreme, the print setup cannot find the printer. I have no problem printing if the printer is hooked up directly with the USB to my computer.

2. remora macrumors newbie

Same problem with MP600

I have exactly the same problem - this time with an PIXMA MP600. I have installed and tested the printer via USB and have installed the driver and can 'see' the printer on Bonjour but Print Center does not show the printer driver. I even downloaded and reinstalled the latest driver from Canon but got the same results.

It makes estabishing a wireless network somewhat nugatory!

3. rmil thread starter macrumors newbie

i updated the airport extreme and now it works...

4. remora macrumors newbie

I must correct my original reply. I can see the MP600 on bonjour but cannot find the driver. All that's presented are the GIMP drivers and, if I select one of those, it prints, but only in economy.

5. mackoolaid macrumors newbie

Canon Pixma MP530

I have a similar problem-can't get the canon to print wirelessly through airport extreme. Is there something I can read to get a feel for this? Thanks.

6. artwrite macrumors newbie

Similar problem with MP610

I have a similar problem with a Canon Pixma MP 610.It's direct-connected to my iMac running OS 10.5.3 via USB and works great, but when I try to access that printer from my PB over Airport Extreme, I get error messages. I have used this same setup for over a year, but since installing OS 10.5.3, it doesn't work. I have the latest Airport Extreme firmware and the latest Canon driver in both the iMac and the PB. What is the problem? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

7. mackoolaid macrumors newbie

Canon Pixma MP530 and Airport Extreme problems

Art,

Mine now works fine. All I can say is to check the updates. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

8. artwrite macrumors newbie

MP610 connection problem again

Thanks for the suggestion. I have all the latest drive and airport updates. I have the MP610 connected to the iMac, not the Airport Extreme. The other two Macs in the network recognize the printer, I can select it in print dialog boxes, but when I try to print, I get an error message. I have always connected my printers this way, but since installing OS 10.5.3 and now 10.5.4, it doesn't work.

9. akamu77 macrumors newbie

follow-up to Airport Express / Canon problems

Hi all,

Has anyone found resolution to this issue yet? I am trying to use Airport Express to print with my Canon MP530. Oddly enough, I can do this successfully with my PC (Win 7). No trouble.

But when I try to install the Canon on my MacBook, I cannot locate it in the Print&Fax option. That is, I can find the driver when I select from the list in the Add Printer window. But when I click "Add," I get this little pop-up window that says "Determining Installable Options," which only lasts for 0.5 seconds before disappearing. Then nothing. I go back to the printer list, and it has not added any printer.

Are there alternatives for adding printers manually rather than detecting them? What's going on here?