Canon Pixma Pro 9000 install problem

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by Wingston, Dec 6, 2011.

1. Wingston macrumors newbie

Hi
    I am trying to install the above on a powermac dual 1.8 running on OSX 10.5.8 and I cannot find a driver that works. I have tried the disc that came with the printer, a couple of third party CUPS drivers and gutenprint. Nothing works. Printer does not show up in my system preferences whatever I try. Any clues out there?
    Phil.

2. zen.state macrumors 68020

zen.state

Since you're running Leopard you should be able to just connect it to the computer then run software update and it will find the appropriate driver on the Apple server.

This is what I did originally with my Canon printer on 10.5.

3. Wingston thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks but no

Still no luck. Printer refuses to show in preferences and no matter what drivers i try, nothing works. Software update does not look for drivers. Nightmare

4. slimeyapple macrumors newbie

slimeyapple

Has anybody been able to find a CUPS or Gutenprint driver that works with Yosemite for the Canon PixmaPro 9000? From what I have read (elsewhere), Canon does not intend on developing a driver for the Canon Pixma Pro 9000 for Yosemite (10.10 OS).

All I have seen in this particular discussion was the link to Canon - which has no file. :D (thank you for attempting to help, though).

5. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

I would recommend that you create your own thread in the future as this thread dates back to 2011 and applies to Macs running Leopard which came out in 2007. In your case, you would use the CUPS driver for 10.9 which is available on Canon's site.