Canon Pixma Pro9000! Macbook pro

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by kvoss2601, Jan 29, 2012.

1. kvoss2601 macrumors newbie

hey everyone!
    i have read hundreds of posts today all over the net and i still cannot get this right, im confused!

Im after anyone who could step me through very basically how to calibrate my monitor to get it as close to my Canon Pixma pro9000. I have a macbook pro and im confused to how i know what profile i need to use to get the best results.

I then want to be able to print from photoshop cs5 straight to the printer and what settings i need to use to do this through photoshop!

thank you in advance!

2. joudbren macrumors regular

Calibration is practically an entire art form onto itself and you won't find any easy answers unfortunately. You should really be starting with screen calibration first (using a hardware puck style calibrator and software) so that your photo edits are correct as per a specific reference standard. Then the trick is to get your printer to match what you see on the screen.

Printers can be notoriously difficult to calibrate and even then it depends on the software you are using to do your printing as they all seem to print differently. I would start with some of the better photography sites and their forums for this kind of information. www.dpreview.com www.nikoncafe.com www.luminous-landscape.com, etc. Cheers!

James