Canon Powershot Camera Questions

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by barr08, Jul 5, 2007.

1. barr08 macrumors 65816

barr08

Hey all,

I hope this is the right place to post this, I figured it could go under peripherals or digital photography, but decided to start here.

I just got a new Canon Powershot A710 IS, and I have two problems/questions.

First, how can I get the camera to show up on the desktop? Is this even possible? My old camera would show up on the desktop, and I could just go into it and delete photos from the folders. Right now I am plugging it in, and iPhoto recognizes it, but thats all.

Second, I want iPhoto to start automatically when the camera is connected to the computer. Right now I have to open iPhoto manually.

Thanks!

as for showing up on the desktop, i could never get that to work..but for deleting photos through the computer you can use image capture that comes on your mac. umm..for iphoto automatically opening when plugging in your camera just go to: image capture (yeah weird) and click on preferences, go into the general tab and then select when camera is connected automatically open (choose iphoto). hope that helps

3. barr08 thread starter macrumors 65816

barr08

Awesome, iPhoto opens automatically now. What is image capture? I have been using os x since the beta and I havn't ever used it.