Canon printer software ?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Strom1, Feb 11, 2008.

1. Strom1 macrumors regular

Strom1

I just got a Canon MP610 printer do i need to install the Setup CD-Rom. software provided or will my iMac automatically have or get it?

2. Ugg macrumors 68000

Ugg

Your computer may already have the drivers on it. The easiest way to find out is simply to plug it in and try to print something. If your computer can't find a driver, then you'll have to load the software. It's pretty painless!

3. JDR macrumors regular

I got the same printer recently (got an awesome deal at bestbuy, around $35 USD) and I ran the CD and it added an application called MP Navigator 3.0 (along with some other ones) which is the scanner utility for it. I would recommend running the disk and installing the apps that comes with it. You could also probably find an install for it on Canon's website.

Regards,
    JDR

Edit: Whoops, misread MP610 for MP160, which I have. Yours probably has similar software.

4. Strom1 thread starter macrumors regular

Strom1

Thanks for the input,when you put down you paid $35 i was like WHAT!!!!:eek:
    I thought i got a smoking deal from Apple direct ($100 beans after rebate)
    I saw your edit,all is good again.

5. Pili macrumors regular

i have the same printer, the utility is good, lightweight and does what you need it to do (view ink levels from the computer, do maintenance, etc). I still use image capture for scans though, i like it better then the canon app.

6. Tezsandy macrumors newbie

I'm trying to print onto a CD using the Canon MP610. I have installed the software, Label Print that comes with the printer. I am using a Mac and I keep getting this error message;

To print to this medium, make the following setting in the Page Setup dialog box
    - select printer supporting CD_R direct print from "format for"
    - select a size supporting CD_R from "page size"
    - select length for "orientation" & set "scale" to 100
    Click ok to open the page dialog box

I have done this so many times and there is not a CD to select in "page size" I have reinstalled drivers, even the latest one for the mac. I used to be able to print directly to the CD using my old PC (windows) and I've now been trying for several days and still no luck - CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP?????