Canon printer with Leopard?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by jhkingsr, Nov 7, 2007.

1. jhkingsr macrumors regular

Is anyone using a Canon printer with Leopard? My Lexmark is reaching the end of it's life and I've heard good things about Canon. Looking at the MP530......

2. voyagerd macrumors 65816

voyagerd

I love my Canon Pixma ip5000. I'm using the same driver as I did in 10.4 on 10.5.

3. dborja macrumors 6502a

Using a PIXMA IP6600D connected through an Apple Extreme Base Station here. Works like a champ! Low ink and other warnings come through just fine. The separate ink tanks are a big plus, too. And quality is great.

4. jelloyacket macrumors member

I bought the MP610, and I like it. You might have to download new drivers for whatever printer you buy, since the drivers I got with mine weren't Leopard-compatible.

5. Father Jack macrumors 68020

Father Jack

Canon printers are definitely the dogs dangley bits ... :)

6. peapody macrumors 68040

peapody

I have a canon mp160 that i use just for school, and it is shared between my asus notebook and my blackbook. did not even have to load drivers in my leopard blackbook to start printing!

7. jhkingsr thread starter macrumors regular

Well, I bought the MP530 and Amazon delivered it in two days. I'm pleased with the printer but only the print and copy functions are working under Leopard. Scan and fax software is still under development so I'll be patient.

I also got a feel for Canon customer service as the plastic locking tabs on the cyan and yellow ink cartridges were broken off when I opened the box which prompted a trip to Walmart so I could use the printer. I emailed Canon about the issue and they are sending me two new ink cartridges.

8. skybolt macrumors 6502a

Canon all the way! My ip6310 was working flawlessly via airport under Tiger, and when I upgraded to Leopard - it just works! No fiddling, new drivers or anything! A great machine!

9. Stratification macrumors regular

Canon i860 that's worked flawlessly with 10.3 -> 10.5 and Airport Express and Extreme.

10. johneymac macrumors newbie

I bought the Canon Pixma MP610 and I just installed the drivers that came with it from the CD and everything works excellent. I am using Leopard!

11. NAG macrumors 68030

NAG

Canon makes the best mac printers/drivers. I love my Pixma.

12. pmarcovi macrumors newbie

Canon MP530

Pixma MP530 is perfect.

I just got it 2 days ago, downloaded the latest software from Canon's website. Everyhting is perfect with Leopard. Previosuly I have purchased the Lexmark XG9350 which I returned it; there is no Leopard driver for it. The MP530 lacks networking, but otherwise is a solid choice, and it looks good too.

13. jhkingsr thread starter macrumors regular

Wait a minute.... Are you saying you can scan in Leopard using the Canon software?

14. pmarcovi macrumors newbie

Canon MP530

Yes I can! Download the latest MP Navigator software from Canon website ...

15. jhkingsr thread starter macrumors regular

Well I'll be darned! They've added new drivers since I last looked. I'm now scanning without having to run VM Fusion or Bootcamp. Thanks for reminding me to check the Canon website!

16. ItsCosmo macrumors newbie