Canon printer with Leopard?

jhkingsr

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 23, 2007
NC
Is anyone using a Canon printer with Leopard? My Lexmark is reaching the end of it's life and I've heard good things about Canon. Looking at the MP530......

dborja

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2007
Northern California
Using a PIXMA IP6600D connected through an Apple Extreme Base Station here. Works like a champ! Low ink and other warnings come through just fine. The separate ink tanks are a big plus, too. And quality is great.

Comment

jelloyacket

macrumors member
Sep 22, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
I bought the MP610, and I like it. You might have to download new drivers for whatever printer you buy, since the drivers I got with mine weren't Leopard-compatible.

Comment

peapody

macrumors 68040
Oct 7, 2007
San Francisco, CA
I have a canon mp160 that i use just for school, and it is shared between my asus notebook and my blackbook. did not even have to load drivers in my leopard blackbook to start printing!

Comment

jhkingsr

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 23, 2007
NC
Well, I bought the MP530 and Amazon delivered it in two days. I'm pleased with the printer but only the print and copy functions are working under Leopard. Scan and fax software is still under development so I'll be patient.

I also got a feel for Canon customer service as the plastic locking tabs on the cyan and yellow ink cartridges were broken off when I opened the box which prompted a trip to Walmart so I could use the printer. I emailed Canon about the issue and they are sending me two new ink cartridges.

Comment

skybolt

macrumors 6502a
Feb 20, 2005
Nashville, TN, USA
Canon all the way! My ip6310 was working flawlessly via airport under Tiger, and when I upgraded to Leopard - it just works! No fiddling, new drivers or anything! A great machine!

Comment

pmarcovi

macrumors newbie
Nov 17, 2007
Canon MP530

Pixma MP530 is perfect.

I just got it 2 days ago, downloaded the latest software from Canon's website. Everyhting is perfect with Leopard. Previosuly I have purchased the Lexmark XG9350 which I returned it; there is no Leopard driver for it. The MP530 lacks networking, but otherwise is a solid choice, and it looks good too.

Comment

jhkingsr

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 23, 2007
NC
Pixma MP530 is perfect.

I just got it 2 days ago, downloaded the latest software from Canon's website. Everyhting is perfect with Leopard.
Wait a minute.... Are you saying you can scan in Leopard using the Canon software?

Comment

jhkingsr

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 23, 2007
NC
Yes I can! Download the latest MP Navigator software from Canon website ...
Well I'll be darned! They've added new drivers since I last looked. I'm now scanning without having to run VM Fusion or Bootcamp. Thanks for reminding me to check the Canon website!

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.