Canon Pro9000 MarkII Printer Question(s)

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Artful Dodger, Jul 24, 2009.

1. Artful Dodger macrumors 68020

Artful Dodger

Well I'm ready to take the plunge and get the Canon Pro9000 MarkII Inkjet Photo Printer but I would like to hear from those that may have used this printer or you do use one for printing your photos or artwork. I haven't seen any prints from a large format printer where everything was setup properly, only somewhat setup and that was from an Epson which isn't even a consideration for a large format printer.
    If anyone has printed from this one and the prints are 13x19 could you please post a photo to the best of the situation as it would be much appreciated.

Last, what paper do you like using which yields the best prints from this unit.

Thanks for the input!

2. jcpenn macrumors member

epson 3800?

what about epson 3800? it can do A2.....

3. Check 6 macrumors regular

I have had my Canon Pixma Pro 9000 about a year and am happy with it. does require some calibration with the computer and monitor to get colors right. Alos I have found Canon photo paper is the way to go. The office depot and Office max generic photo paper really washes the colors. I have not tried Kodak paper yet but would expect good results. It is currently tied to a loaded Imac but that is to be replace with a MacPro soon for at least several reasons. Bottom line it is a very good printer. Ink is on the high side though. I have also heard good things about the Epson.

4. Artful Dodger thread starter macrumors 68020

Artful Dodger

I have been told that once you get the calibration all set up things are great with the Canon and well worth it. I have never had any good luck with Epson printers as the last one I used was the R300 which gave me grief more than not. So Epson isn't considered this time around. I think by Monday I'll place my order plus there is a $100 rebate on the Canon which helps.

5. Wingston, Dec 6, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2011

Wingston macrumors newbie

Cannot get Pixma Pro 9000 to install

Hi
    I am trying to install the above on a powermac dual 1.8. running OSX 10.5.8 and I cannot find a driver that works. I have tried the disc that came with the printer, a couple of third party drivers and gutenprint. Nothing works. Printer does not show up in my system preferences whatever I try. Any clues out there?
    Phil.

6. Artful Dodger thread starter macrumors 68020

Artful Dodger

Odd since Canon has drivers on their site for OSX, just input what you have and it should come up for you under the service & support page. I know my old iMac is running 10.5.? and it works on that.

7. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

To reiterate the Artful Dodger's post, always always always check the manufacturer's website.