canon rebel t2i does it work in europe

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by fc0712, Oct 10, 2010.

1. fc0712 macrumors regular

my question is does it work in europe and if it does do you know a place where they ship to denmark. i know there is canon eos 550 d but it is much cheaper to buy the us version.

2. kernkraft macrumors 68020

kernkraft

Canon does this all the time. I think they might be exactly the same model but named differently. The US market prefers X, fewer numbers, short tags and so on. In terms of video quality and format, I think there is no worry now.

I was looking at this camera myself when it came out and I finally decided to get a Nikon. I was also thinking about the 500. You really have to want the HD video feature to pay the premium.

EDIT:

Of course if you are in Denmark and ordering from the US, you'll have to be aware of the additional duty that you have to pay and the warranty issues.

3. fc0712 thread starter macrumors regular

do you know a good website that sells it and ships to denmark
    and how big chance is there to be taken

4. xStep macrumors 68000

The one thing I would do is download the manual and check that the T2i has the ability to shoot video in your countries format. Also expect that you'll need a converter for the plug.

5. jabbott macrumors 6502

The Canon Rebel T2i comes with the LC-E8E battery charger, which is rated for 100-240V and 50/60 Hz operation (Denmark mains are 230V and 50 Hz so it will work fine there). The charger only comes with a North American cable however (IEC C7 to NEMA 1-15), so you will either have to find a Europlug cable like this or use an adapter like this. The adapter would require you to keep the North American cable however. The only other difference I can think of is that the T2i defaults to NTSC video instead of PAL, but that is easily changeable in the menu settings. From there you can also set the language to Dansk if desired.

As for U.S. retailers that will ship internationally, B&H Photo/Video says that they will. I've been very pleased with their prices and customer service. Best of luck with your purchase! I've really enjoyed my T2i so far.

6. fc0712 thread starter macrumors regular

7. fc0712 thread starter macrumors regular

when i choose my country the total price incl. tax duties is 1400$

8. Hitrate macrumors regular

Hitrate

Just get it in a danish store, that's what I did. You'll end up paying more with the tax etc. that they most likely add in customs. The item value is way too high for it to go unnoticed (unless you're lucky, or the seller claims a very small price on the package and the customs "buy" it). Also look out for used sales, some people getting rid of their t2i for the 60D. Btw. if you have any iphone/macbook charger, that little thing for the power plug can be used with the t2i charger so in that case, you don't need to worry about getting it from the US. Just a little tip ;)