Canon Scanner Lide 30 woes

Discussion in 'macOS' started by cheo3011, Dec 19, 2007.

1. cheo3011 macrumors newbie

Hi folks! I downloaded the driver and Toolkit for my scanner. But when I try to install it, an error message pops up saying I don t have sufficient privileges. What gives? Please help. Thanks!

Cheo

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Is your user an administrator? I can't remember now (I have a LiDE 70), but if it does not work to install it from an admin account, you may have to temporarily make the user in question an admin, install it, and then de-admin her/him.

3. cheo3011 thread starter macrumors newbie

Well forgive my ignorance:). When you say administrator, I understand that he or she controls everything on the mac. Basically I'm the only user here. I even tried changing password, but nothing gives. Its frustrating since the software is available but can t be installed. Still need help. Thanks for the anwer, really appreciate the help. :)

Cheo

4. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Hmm...

Do this: Go to system preferences -> accounts. In the left side, you see a list of the user accounts on the computer (even if there is just one, i.e. you). Underneath your name, there should be an access level -- it should say "admin," "standard," or "managed." If it does not say "admin," then there should be an unchecked box on the right side when you click on your account, that says something like "allow this user to administrate this computer." Check that box.

If that's not the issue, then we have to figure out what else it might be. ;)

5. cheo3011 thread starter macrumors newbie

Hello friend. I did everything you said and still can t install tool box software. I just don t understand. Picture 1.png