Canon T3i with my new macbook pro?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by randomrazr, Nov 6, 2011.

1. randomrazr macrumors 65816

Ok I know this is not the correct thread, but I just need quick asnwers.

I purchased a new macbook pro and thought it be a good idea to invest in a DSLR for working with photography with it.

Future shop has a deal for a Canon t3i BODY ONLY for 679 dollars deal only tonight and was wondering ifthats a good deal?

Also if its a good time to buy a DSLR right now?

Thanks!

I already have a lense as well.

2. John-117 macrumors member

That's a good deal for the body, and the T3i is a pretty good camera so I wouldn't hesitate getting it at that price.

3. randomrazr thread starter macrumors 65816

is it a good time to buy a DSLR though?

4. John-117 macrumors member

Of course it would be, why not? A DSLR will always offer more lens and control options than standard point and shoots, which are already being edged out by cellphone cameras (iPhone 4S, etc.)

5. ZZ Bottom macrumors 6502a

I snagged a 60d body only for 849 at B&H and I love the hell out of it. Same sensor/processor as the T3i. I honestly would have been happy with the T3i, but the deal made the 60d a wiser investment for me. However, I really wish I had the 3x and 10x video zoom that the T3i has; very cool when used in conjunction with a zoom lens. You will not be disappointed; if you are an ammeter or hobbyist you will still get amazing pics on "program" mode with little to no tweaking on your part.

I have this lens along with a Canon 50-300. The Sigma is fantastic; no telescoping when you zoom or focus (all internal within the housing). Excellent low light when you are zoomed out (f/2.8).

I have edited 1080 24p footage from it on my 13" MBP in AE and it handles fine to my standards. Of course photos are no big deal as any modern computer can ingest and edit those no problem.

You will not need to install any software. I use the "Image Capture" application since I don't use iPhoto for work/school pics. If you like to edit video, you will be happy with a Canon as there is good support.

6. hotgrease macrumors regular