Canon Vixia HF10

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Jshwon, Jul 2, 2008.

1. Jshwon macrumors 6502

Jshwon

I just purchased this camera and can't wait till it gets here (Monday) and can start filming. I went with hard drive camera because I didn't want to collect tons of tape and I plan on having external storage for any projects I'm working on and a few other things. Anyway everything I've seen about this camera has been positive and the HD quality really good. Also from what I understand iMovie 08 has no issues importing AVCHD. Does anyone here have this camera and can suggest any accessories for it or have any experience with it?

2. NRose8989 macrumors 6502a

Well..... i get mine tomorrow so ill be sure to let you know how it goes. I've been considering getting a external shotgun mic and possibly a wide angle lens but I'm gonna experiment with the first and see what it's capabilities are.

3. Cmu93 macrumors member

I just bought the HF100 last weekend, same camera, but not black and no internal memory. Have any questions, just ask. But I can say the quality is outstanding. I've had no issues popping the SDHC card into the Mac, it sees it as a Camera, and then I import to iMovie 08, and FCE, no issues at all.

Tom

4. Jshwon thread starter macrumors 6502

Jshwon

Yeah I plan to do the same. This is my first camera so I'll be doing alot of experimenting.

Is there a way to connect the camera directly to the Mac via usb? I imagine there should be with the internal memory of the HF10.