Canon Vixia HF11 HD or ?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by msarway, Jan 4, 2009.

1. msarway macrumors 6502

msarway

i am thinking of buying the canon vixia HF11 should i buy it or buy something else. i also need a good review site.

2. aki macrumors 6502a

3. Courtaj macrumors 6502a

Courtaj

It's expensive. Personally I'd rather have a Sony SR11 or SR12. If it had to be the Canon, the HF100 (which is essentially an HF10 with a different paintjob and without the built-in memory) rivals the HF11 for picture quality from what I've seen, and is a chunk cheaper to boot. The main difference between the HF10 / HF100 and HF11 is recording bitrate, though whether this translates into better quality is a moot point. The difference is so minor and the price difference so huge that the HF11 has almost no retail presence in the UK despite being released here by Canon in September.

Andrew.

4. NRose8989 macrumors 6502a

I'd hold off for a week or so because canon just released a new line of VIXIA camcorders today at macworld. Or atleast once the new camcorders are shipping, the older ones will drop in price.

5. Courtaj macrumors 6502a

Courtaj

6. fxstb2002 macrumors member

I have been very happy with the HF100, and I bought it after the HF11 came out.

7. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

same here

8. Burger Thing macrumors 6502a

Burger Thing

I have recently bought the HF-11 and I am extremely happy with the camera. My friends and me are using it to shoot mostly movies about RC-Airplanes. The colors come out great and even the fast moving planes are not a problem. Also low light seems to be not bad for a camera with that sensor size.

Just an example (of course quality is adapted for web usage):

Video