Canon WFT-4A/WFT-5A Syncing with an iPad

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by Ikyo, May 6, 2010.

1. Ikyo macrumors 6502

Ikyo

Would there be much demand for me to continue working on getting the WFT-4a and 5A to FTP files directly to the iPad so they could be seen in the photo app? I have the iPad allowing connections currently and will recognize jpeg files. I am not sure why it isn't liking Canon raw files, but jpegs work. I don't have a 4A or 5A to test with, but it should also allow for an AdHoc network connection so you could use the HTTP connection on the grip with the iPad.

2. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

Don't listen to a chimp. If you can make aan app store app that will do it, people will buy it. I'd post at dpreviews or photo.net to get the reactions of people who could actually use the app. You might even get someone to lend you the right equipment to test it out.

3. Ikyo thread starter macrumors 6502

Ikyo

I will have to get with a developer on making an app store application. Right now mine only works on jailbroken ipads, but I will see what I can do. The main problem is going to be is nothing similar to MyWi is available on the app store.