Canon XA10 or HF-G10 or else

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Honbe, Aug 25, 2011.

1. Honbe macrumors regular

2. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

I haven't used either but for longevity reasons I would go with the XA-10 (actually planning on making that my next camera, currently using consumer grade HF-S20)

3. gusmahler macrumors member

The only difference between the two is the carrying handle and the XLR audio inputs on the XA10. So the obvious question is, do you need either of those features? If not, you've saved $500.

4. vulsker macrumors newbie

Actually the XA10 has double the memory as well. I have been personally researching the XA10 as well as the G10 and everything points toward the XA10. I have only found a few negative feedback but nearly each one was from somebody who obviously never used the darn thing.

5. snoylekim macrumors member

Own the G10 , played w/ the XA10 ..Build quality is exactly the same, sensor and lens exactly the same .. XA10 gives you the XLR inputs, infrared, and more memory as stated .. Didn't need the extras, so G10 it was ..works fine w/ FCP and FC X ... excellent video quality

6. senseless macrumors 68000

senseless

Will the HF-G10 play well with FCE? I'm thinking of upgrading my Canon HV20 mini DV cam. Will there be a noticeable quality increase or should I just stick with what works?

7. cgbier macrumors 6502a

There won't be a problem. Only the import workflow is completely different. You copy the complete content of your card to your desktop, then open the Log&Transfer to let FCE ingest your clips. Clips will be transcoded to AIC on the fly.

8. senseless, Sep 3, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2011

senseless macrumors 68000

senseless

I see. What avchd setup do I use in fce for full resolution. There seems to be only interlaced modes.

9. Honbe thread starter macrumors regular