Can't access Airport Settings

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Chulo, Feb 12, 2008.

1. Chulo macrumors member

I'm trying to set up a password for the wireless signal on my airport. I have that Airport hard wired to another wireless router and it all works fine. I recently set the Airport so that it doesn't assign IPs of its own and keep the wireless router IPs. Now that I'm trying to find the Airport through AirPort Utility, it can't find the signal because it is looking for the 10.0.x.x IP address that the Airport gives out.

I've been trying a hard reset by pressing the little button, disconnecting power, connecting and letting go of the button. Then only one of the Airport lights blinks every two seconds and theres no signal. I can't access it or see the signal when this happens. When I reset the power again, they all blink and the original name of the Airport comes back and it's back to square one. The name is NOT supposed to come back after a hard reset correct? Or am i doing the reset wrong?

Thanks for any help.

2. kyleaa macrumors regular

3. Chulo thread starter macrumors member

Box says AirPort Base Station...doesn't say Graphite or Dual Ethernet. Spent some time trying to figure it out, but I couldn't. The number on it is M8209LL/A

4. kyleaa macrumors regular

It looks to me like this is a dual ethernet model. It sounds like a hard reset is needed. Here are the instructions for performing this on a dual ethernet or a graphite.

On second thought, I am not sure I really understand what your issue is. If you are using the most recent version of the airport utility, you can go to File -> Configure other, and enter in an IP Address. If you go into the settings of your other router, you should be able to pull a DHCP clients list - the airport base station should be listed on their as a client. Or, if you know the scheme that your first router is using for DHCP, you should be able to guess with pretty good accuracy the IP address of your airport base station.

5. Chulo thread starter macrumors member

I've tried both several times but neither works. The AirPort won't reset to default. I can't access it through LAN, or even see it on the Airport signal