Can't access an internet website?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by sweetheart, Jun 29, 2009.

1. sweetheart macrumors newbie

I think this is the place for this question,(I just joined.) I am a moderator on a betta fish website for about 2 or 3 months now, but the past 2 weeks I haven't been able to access the website. http://bubblenestbettas.com I can get on the site at my friends house, I have tried using my dad's, and my brothers computer but I still can't get on it. I have Restarted Safari, and emptied the Cache. But still won't work. I have done EVERYTHING I know to do. HELP!

2. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

3. Amdahl macrumors 65816

4. sweetheart thread starter macrumors newbie

No I haven't been banned, like I said I can get on the site at my friends house. When I can't get on the site Safari says this," Safari cannot open this page."

5. Meek Wriggle macrumors member

We need more details to be able to help you, such as; Does your friend use the same ISP as you? Do you live in a country known for it's fear of the internet (such as China, Germany or Australia)? If so, it's likely that your ISP may have blacklisted the site.

6. sweetheart thread starter macrumors newbie

My friend uses Firefox, I have downloaded it, and tried to get on the site, but it still won't work. I live in the USA. Also, my other friend has internet explorer, and I can get on the site, but I can't start a topic, that's a complete different story though.

7. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

Try restarting your router. I occasionally have similar issues.

8. RandomKamikaze macrumors 6502a

RandomKamikaze

Your IP might have been banned. As you are using Firefox, install FoxyProxy, and go through a proxy to get to the site.

Also, as you are a moderator, see if the owner, or another mod has banned you

What error, if any, are you getting?

9. sweetheart thread starter macrumors newbie

I downloaded Foxy Proxy, but it doesn't download as an application. It's just a little file. And i'll ask the website owner if I have been banned. But I don't see why I would though, unless someone hates me on the forum. lol