Can't access Control Center from lock screen

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by adamhenry, Apr 30, 2015.

1. adamhenry macrumors 65816

adamhenry

I have both settings enabled in Settings>Control Center. I toggled the settings off and back on. I did a hard reset. I did a DFU restore. I still can't access CC from the lock screen. Anyone have any ideas?

2. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

3. adamhenry thread starter macrumors 65816

adamhenry

Yes. I have a life proof on it. CC works fine from the home screen.

4. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

and youre positive the setting is turned on to allow CC from the lock screen?

5. C DM macrumors Westmere

6. adamhenry thread starter macrumors 65816

adamhenry

I verified it was turned on, did a power cycle, verified it was on, did a hard reset and it still didn't work so I turned both switches off and back on and did another power cycle. It still didn't work so I did a DFU restore, verified the switch was on and it still didn't work. :mad:

7. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

Are you on 8.3? I had a temperamental control and notification centre on my homescreen with 8.1.3 and 8.2
    So far no problems with 8.3

8. I7guy macrumors G5

What device are you using, I just tried on 5s and it's working as expected.

9. adamhenry thread starter macrumors 65816

adamhenry

I tried all of the tricks listed and nothing works. I even removed the case and that didn't work any better.

----------

I am running 8.3.

----------

Yeah, it used to work fine on my 5s. I am having the problem on a 6.

10. adamhenry thread starter macrumors 65816

adamhenry

I'm bumping this cause I'm still looking for ideas to solve it.

11. GreyOS macrumors 68030

GreyOS

do you see the line at the bottom of the lock screen? (normally indicating CC available?)

12. adamhenry thread starter macrumors 65816

adamhenry

Nope, no line.

13. GreyOS macrumors 68030

GreyOS

do you have an exchange mail account which might have security policies on it - a work one for instance? I'm not sure a policy can control this though!

----------

and when yo DFU'd did you set up as new phone or restore? I would try new phone, if that doesn't fix I have no idea!!

14. adamhenry thread starter macrumors 65816

adamhenry

No exchange. Retired last year. I restored a backup and have considered restoring as new if I don't get any other ideas.

15. adamhenry thread starter macrumors 65816

adamhenry

I restored as new and still couldn't access CC from lock screen? :mad:

16. C DM macrumors Westmere

and you didn't put your backup on or even get iCloud back on to get your settings back?

Do you have the little line on top to access Notification Center and does that work for you (assuming you have it enabled for lock screen)?

Does the camera shortcut on the bottom right work for you?

17. BrettApple macrumors 65816

BrettApple

Mine works about 50/50. iOS 8.1, 8.2, 8.3, doesn't matter. iPhone 6 Plus here, only use the Apple Silicone case, doesn't have any lip or edge on the bottom, no screen protector. It's a bug for sure.

I also can't slide to answer calls occasionally. This has been happening since I used my iPhone 4s. I've seen it on the 4s, 5, 5c, and 6 Plus. Quite annoying, but I can get it to work if I press the volume key, like it turns on the digitizer or something. The same applies to the Control Center not coming up. I'll hit the volume key and then up it pops :rolleyes:

And no, I don't restore from backups, always fresh with each device or major iOS release. Plus it does the same thing on friends and families phones that are set up much differently.

18. C DM macrumors Westmere

In this case it seems like after everything the issue might be with the availability of Control Center on the lock screen (given the OP doesn't even seem to see the little line to grab it), rather than reponsiveness to touch or anything like that.

As far as volume key making something appear, I haven't seen that across many iOS devices I've dealt with over the years.

19. adamhenry thread starter macrumors 65816

adamhenry

I did the restore as new, disconnected from the Mac, and went through the setup. I did sign into iCloud during setup but didn't restore from there. After setup I locked phone and attempted to open CC. It didn't open and I didn't see a white line.

I just tried to open NC from the lock screen and that doesn't work either. I checked under passcode and it is enabled.

I don't know which camera shortcut you are asking about. The one in CC? That works.

I have now restored my settings from iTunes.

20. C DM macrumors Westmere

Camera shortcut that is on the lock screen (unrelated to CC or anything like that). It's at the bottom right corner where it looks like a little camera so that you can swipe up on it to access the camera quickly without unlocking your phone.

21. PsyOpWarlord macrumors 6502

PsyOpWarlord

How about posting a screenshot of your lock screen so we can see what you are seeing.
    Simply press and hold the “Home” button and the “Sleep/Wake” button at the same time ...

22. adamhenry thread starter macrumors 65816

adamhenry

:eek:Well I feel pretty dumb! :eek: I was looking for the camera shortcut and realized that I saw a camera icon flash in the BR corner when I unlocked the phone. I started messing with the phone trying to figure out why that damn icon was there then gone.

I kept locking and unlocking and I finally realized that there is a screen between the black screen and the home screen Doh! :eek: That right, thats the lock screen. I've been using touch to unlock for so long, I forgot what the actual lock screen was. I was trying to open CC from the sleeping screen.

Thanks for the help everybody.