Can't access files that are physically there

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Augustus.Pablo.5, Oct 8, 2015.

1. Augustus.Pablo.5 macrumors newbie

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone can help me. I have files that were recovered (.cbr/.cbz) that are showing on my laptop but I cannot open them. They're comics and no readers I have will open them. Under the info tab they're showing as being there quantity-wise but I just can't open them.

2. snaky69 macrumors 603

You need a reader for those type of files.

Typing in ".cbr" in google would've led you to your answer faster than any forum could.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comic_book_archive#Mac

3. gngan macrumors 68000

gngan

Not all file format is automatically readable. If that is the case then all OS (OSX/Window/Linux) will have to install/include a lot of crap in their installation which; 99% of people don't need them.

Creating an account then open your e-mail account to verify it then create a thread to ask question like this is beyond me. Just go to www.google.com or www.yahoo.com and type in cbr format. You will get your answer in a minute.

4. Augustus.Pablo.5 thread starter macrumors newbie

I use a reader normally. For some reason it doesn't work, nor have I had any luck with several others.

5. nicho macrumors 68000

you said that they were recovered - how? it sounds like they're corrupted from what you've said..

6. snaky69 macrumors 603

Sounds like your files are corrupted, then. Nothing to do but get fresh copies.