cant access 'Find My iPhone' site

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Sir Ruben, Aug 25, 2011.

1. Sir Ruben macrumors 65816

Sir Ruben

I keep getting redirected with a message telling me that Find My IPhone is now in iCloud, clicking on the link takes me to an error page?

I havent lost my iPhone by the way, just need to do some testing :D

2. paxxxor macrumors newbie

paxxxor

3. ckurt25, Aug 25, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2011

ckurt25 macrumors 6502a

ckurt25

Hmmm... I just tried it and had no problems accessing the web page. Are you going to mobileme.com?

Something kind of interesting happened though. Both the map on mobileme and in gps on my iphone have my location (work) off by roughly a mile. I've used the map and find my iphone from work and had the correct location so this is strange. I guess I'll check back later in the day to see if it's still off.

Edit - I used the site to see where my iPad is at and it has the correct location. I rebooted my iPhone and location is still off. It's different than it was before the reboot but still off.

4. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

This is because of the new location policy. Your iPhone is going off the Tower that it is connected to, whereas if you're using a WiFi connection it should show you where that access point is.

Also, if you're a developer like me, iCloud takes over your MobileMe, so you have to access icloud.com rather than me.com for Find My iPhone.

5. ckurt25 macrumors 6502a

ckurt25

Actually, when I exited the app, opened the switcher tray and killed Maps, then relaunched it found my correct location. I don't / can't use wifi at work. If thats Apple's new policy it doesn't make much sense. If my iphone is lost / stolen it won't do much good to be off by a mile when searching for it. Also, if I were using Maps to navigate being off by a mile is horrible. That doesn't sound right at all.

6. grantsdale macrumors 6502a

Nothing about this is correct.

7. ckurt25 macrumors 6502a

ckurt25

Thanks for the help. I thought that sounded odd.

8. CSMchris376 macrumors regular

Try this link

Try this link and see if it takes you to the page.