Can't access folder due to unsufficient privileges even when user account is deleted

Discussion in 'macOS' started by pete777, Apr 5, 2008.

1. pete777 macrumors newbie

I've deleted a user account and prior to that, copied a folder containing my bookmarks to the shared folder. Now I can't access this folder in my new account even though the old account has been deleted. I get the "folder ..... could not be opened because you do not have sufficient access privileges" message. Anyone knows how to bypass this?

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Can you change the access privileges from the Sharing & Permissions section of the Get Info panel (which you can access by clicking on the folder and then holding COMMAND-I)?

3. pete777 thread starter macrumors newbie

yes, it worked. The administrator (in this case myself) wasn't listed, so i added myself to the list and changed the privileges to read and write. Thanks

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

5. angelagalang macrumors newbie

Hi i have the same problem, my applications folder wont open, it has the folder icon with the little red circle with white line in the middle, my safari and other broswers wot open and it says "The application "Safari" cannot be launched -36" Help please