Can't access local websites

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by derekjackson, May 5, 2009.

1. derekjackson macrumors newbie

Hi,
    I've created a few PHP websites on my mac mini before uploading them. I placed the website files in the 'Sites' folder of my user account and turned on 'Personal Web Sharing' in the Sharing preferences and could access them fine.

All of a sudden, I can no longer access the sites through my web browser - I'm given the message that my browser cannot connect to the server.

Any ideas why this might have suddenly started happening? I installed MySQL last week - would that affect it in any way?!

Any help would be most appreciated!

Cheers,

Derek

2. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

It may just need a restarting of the web sharing. Installing MySQL could have made a difference as well. A common way to setup a local testing environment is to use MAMP, which installs a newer Apache web server, PHP 4&5, MySQL, and a few other little things.

3. derekjackson thread starter macrumors newbie

Cheers, upon further inspection, MySQL seems to have changed the IP address of my local sites - knowing the new one means I can find them.

I'll have a look at MAMP if I have no luck getting MySQL and PHP to integrate properly.

Cheers,

Derek