can't access my site from work

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by twoodcc, Jun 9, 2009.

1. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

so i have made a few sites that i host from home. and i can really access them from anywhere, except work.

i was wondering, is there some certificate or anything that i'm missing that blocks the site from work?

http://tmac.podzone.net/mpg is the site

2. geoffreak macrumors 68020

geoffreak

I have no problems accessing it from work. Maybe your work blocked it or your firewall at home blocked your work IP?

3. twoodcc thread starter macrumors P6

twoodcc

thanks. when i try to go to it from work, it just says "internet explorer cannot display the web page" or whatever.

4. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

OP: it would have to be your work that is blocking it, maybe try to ping your houses' IP and see if you get a response? or try a different web browser or something..

i am looking at hosting from home but am failing miserably at getting it to work :(

5. twoodcc thread starter macrumors P6

twoodcc

yeah i guess they are blocking it. the computer that i get to use is monitored, so i guess i'll just forget about it for now.

you need help getting yours to work? i can help

6. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

its monitored?? thats a bit intense. that sucks man :( maybe try proxies haha!?

i started a thread (here) yesterday about it, i have two routers at home (modem + Time Capsule) so it was hard to get going. i have it set up finally, getting a domain name is harder then it looks though (australia sucks for anything IT) so i will most likely end up getting an external host company to do it for me (discused here)

my internet connection at home isn't that reliable and i dont have a static IP so its hardly worth the bother really.. and my PC has been putting out 25kbps and taking in 25kbps randomly! :eek: when your on a 25GB cap its not worth it, so i disabled its networking haha.. ahwell!