Can't access one ssl site via airport express. WTF?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Undecided, Aug 6, 2009.

1. Undecided macrumors 6502a

Hey folks....so my bro suddenly can't access his bank when the laptop is connecting to the internet via an airport express. If he plugs the ethernet cable from the cable modem directly to the laptop (instead of the airport), he can access it just fine. He has done a factory reset (hold reset while plugging in) - no improvement. Isn't this weird? It was working fine, until the bank changed their site. But, he can access other ssl (https) sites just fine going through the airport. Any ideas? Everything is up to date.

Why would one ssl site not work via an airport?

2. stewge macrumors newbie

me too...

I'm having the same problem. Cox says it's the AE, AE checks out fine but will not recognize the modem. What kind of modem and IP? Cox supplies a Scientific Atlanta 2100. Hate it.

3. Undecided thread starter macrumors 6502a

I fixed the problem my brother was having, but I don't know why it wasn't working. On his computer, I logged into my account, and had no problem accessing the one bank site. So what's different about my account? My account is an admin, his is a managed user (standard plus parental controls). I made him an admin, and he could access the bank site fine. I put him back as a standard user, and he could still access the site just fine. Weird.