Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

malimrav

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 26, 2011
Hi all,

I formated my new imac i5 27" and now I cant do anything.
We lost the cd that came with the imac. I do have an original leopard dvd.
When I start without the dvd I see a blue folder and a quetionmark flashing.

when i start with the leopard dvd it starts to load and I see the panic attack screen.... and the restart your computer screen.... something like this one...

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2506/3843137860_bd547cdd64_b.jpg

I tried with several osx versions and the same problems occurs.
I tried with 10.6.3, 10.6.4 and 10.6.7. My friend says I need to get the original disc that came with the imac. he thinks its the 10.6.6

I cannot get the disk utility menu to check/repair the hd.

Is it a driver thing? that the osx dvd that I have does not work with the imac. The imac is just a couple of months old :/

cheers :confused:

MarkH356

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2011
If you startup holding the "C" key down to force it to boot from the DVD, do you still get this panic screen ?
If you have a retail version of OSX (not the Grey DVD's that come with a computer) it should boot irrespective of the computer type

malimrav

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 26, 2011
Yes I tried both dvd's.
The purple one leopard osx and the grey one snow leopard.

I do get the same screen only on snow leopard I see also the please restart your computer screen. :/

I will contact apple, however is it a possibility to get a startup disk from someone who has the same computer only instead of 2,8 a 3,1 ?
It is also a imac i5 27" but I think just a couple of months older.

tnx

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.