Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

insofaras

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 13, 2012
Hi

i was deleting pictures off my iPhone 6 and it suddenly turned off and wouldn't turn on. It was stuck at the apple logo loop. I updated the firmware using itunes and it turned on. Now when I try to access the photo library it says there are 0 pictures even though they were plenty of pics before the update. When I check the storage there's 3 GB of photos on the phone but they're not showing up for some reason. Using a recovery software like phoneview didn't help because I can't see the pictures there either. unfortunately I don't have a back up of the pics so I don't wanna restore the phone.

Any help would be appreciated!

Blujelly

macrumors 65816
Sep 2, 2012
South East England
Do you have iCloud photo or photo stream on or anything? if they are it could be taking its time to gather the data from the cloud to your iPhone.

insofaras

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 13, 2012
Do you have iCloud photo or photo stream on or anything? if they are it could be taking its time to gather the data from the cloud to your iPhone.

No :/ they were just on the phone, iCloud library and photostream are both off.

Blujelly

macrumors 65816
Sep 2, 2012
South East England
No unfortunately I don't have a back up so I'm trying to find a way to access the pictures without restoring the phone.

The only thing I'd try and do is a general reset, but I don't know if that would be much help / could make things worse I.e clear all the photo's.

Unless where it says 3GB of photo's data is a bug, I mean I would have thought the 3rd party app would have picked that up regardless of what your iPhone is saying, hence why it might be a bug from the iPhone.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Sounds like your photo database probably went corrupt. The pics may still be there but the phone isn't showing them because of that (I speculate).

If you have a Mac, try using Phoneview to see your file system. If PC, try iFunBox.

Once you're ready, go to the PhotoData folder and delete the Photos.sqlite files. Disconnect and reboot the phone.

Depending on how many pics you have you will have to be patient as the phone rebuilds the database. Just let it do it's thing and you can check periodically to make sure all your pics are there.

Hope that helps!

Reactions: JamesMB
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.