Can't access yahoo from MBA

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by racefan, Nov 25, 2008.

1. racefan macrumors newbie

Help!

I can access every other web page that I usually go to but I cannot access Yahoo. I tried my work pc and it loads just fine there. I also tried Firefox and Safari and neither worked. Any ideas?

2. Ironic macrumors 6502a

Ironic

3. racefan thread starter macrumors newbie

4. racefan thread starter macrumors newbie

Ran traceroute and that came back unknown host

Ran a Ping and that came back "cannot resolve www.yahoo.com unknown host"

Any ideas?

5. racefan thread starter macrumors newbie

Service provider is having an issue!! I realized that my work pc connects through a tunnel and that is how I was getting on with that computer.

6. glitch44 macrumors 65816

7. macdummy123 macrumors newbie

having same problem with messenger and yahoo.com

can't access yahoo messenger or yahoo webpage from two different macs in my house (mac book and mac desktop). when i try to login to messenger it says i am not connected to the network. any other website or app works fine. tried the dns suggestion and it didn't work. anyone else having this problem and have any suggestions?

8. glitch44 macrumors 65816

i now this sounds obvious, but i've missed doing it a couple times myself-- have you turned everything off, rebooted the modem, waited a moment, rebooted the router, waited a moment, then rebooted the computer?

9. macdummy123 macrumors newbie

i had tried that and just did it again and still not working. i also checked for updates and installed any that were there (was one for Safari but didn't help problem).