Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Boca

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 13, 2008
Hi, It worked great several months ago. Now, nothing. Tried skype and it's not recognized, tried face time app on mac (for the first time) and get message no camera.

What have I done wrong? Thanks for any help. Have a good weekend.

Boca

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 13, 2008
Spotlight searched for ichat and photo booth both are there and indicate that there is "no camera" attached to this computer. I have used it in the past. I was at the Genius bar and the guy removed a lot of "clutter" as he said. Is it possible he dumped the cam? If so, how to I get it back? thanks.

Boca

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 13, 2008
Appears I'm talking to myself. :) Problem solved. Shut down. Took battery out. Put in, started up and Voila all fixed. Hope this helps anyone with a similar issue.

stridemat

Staff member
Apr 2, 2008
UK
I would generally sugest an SMC/PRAM reset. You may have inadvertently done this when you removed the battery.

AWallen90

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2009
Looks like replacing the QuickTimeUSBVDCDIgitizer.component file from your OS install disc should take care of the problem.

It may be possible to delete the driver file but more likely that the file is corrupt.

Glad you hear you got it working :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.