Can't activate FaceTime

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Scott549, Jan 20, 2011.

1. Scott549 macrumors regular

I've got a new iPod Touch. I am not able to activate FaceTime. I am using my usual Apple ID and password. When I entered my e-mail it first said it was unable to verify because it was already in use. Then it was hung up on "Verifying" at the top of the screen with the spinning wheel for several minutes. Then it said unable to verify, and a verification e-mail has been sent to my e-mail address. But no e-mail has been sent.

This is a very clumsy process. Anyone have a solution?

2. xStep macrumors 68000

I had a similar problem when I bought my iPod touch. After upgrading iOS to the more current one, the login worked. I can't recall what it came with, I think 4.2.0, but I am now running iOS 4.2.1. Go into the settings app, General tab, and then About to find out. You upgrade via iTunes.

3. Scott549 thread starter macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

I have 4.2.1. I got it to work with an alternate e-mail but with my usual e-mail it says unable to verify because it is already in use. When I tell it to send a verification e-mail, it does not do it.