Cant activate iphone 4S from Denmark

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by binbs, May 10, 2012.

1. binbs macrumors newbie

hey all.

Currently im in Thailand and got someone to send me an iphone from Denmark. Unfortunately even tho I asked them to make sure it was unlocked by the provider, they ****ed up and sent me a new iphone 4S instead.

Now I want to activate it and the provider told me that I need to use one of their sims to activate the phoen and after that they will be able to remotely unlock it. So I got one of my friends to send me an old sim from the company (Telia) so I could activate the phone.

However this is not working and I have no idea what I can do.

Any advice please.

2. gngan macrumors 68000

gngan

If the provider told you that you need to use one of their sims to activate the phone and after that they will be able to remotely unlock it then why not ask them?

3. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

All GSM iPhone 4S require a sim from official carrier unless purchased unlocked (if the carrier offers IMEI unlock, some do not)
    Have the person get an official carrier sim, active or inactive does not matter.
    Or return the phone and buy an unlocked version.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Send it back and get an unlocked.
    He send you an carrier locked iphone so even if you activate it you wont be able to use it with any other sim cards but the one from its original carrier.

5. NanoNyrd macrumors regular

Most European phone companies are quite willing to unlock phones - in fact I think they are required to do so by law after a certain time (6 month?), and will usually do it sooner for a fee. The downside of this is that a locked phone is not much cheaper than an unlocked one.

Try contacting Telia on their web page: http://telia.dk/mobil/kundeservice/kontakt/skriv
    or on their chat: http://www.telia.dk/mobil/kundeservice

They will undoubtedly understand English. Or have your friend in Denmark buy you a prepaid Telia SIM card.

----------

The prepaid card should of course have international calling enabled. Often, that is not the default.