Can't activate iPhone after GM update

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by acctman, Sep 10, 2014.

1. acctman macrumors 65816

acctman

Anyone having issues connecting to the Apple server for iPhone activation?

"Your iPhone could not be activated because the activation server is temporarily unavailable."...

2. chopringle macrumors newbie

Yes I've also been having this problem but not the same error message. I get the "activation could not be processed at this time. Please try again later" message.
    After reading around I learned that this might be because I was using an old and inactive SIM in my 4S but even after swapping my sister's active SIM and my SIM from my iPhone 5, nothing seems to work. I'm constantly stuck at activation even after DFU restores to iOS7.1.2 and 8.0 GM.
    Has anyone found solutions to these problems?

3. chopringle macrumors newbie

It looks like my phone is completely useless now. I have tried multiple SIM cards and DFU restored to ios 8 GM and 7.1.2 multiple times. I even connected it to another Mac which downloaded 7.1.2 directly from Apple to restore from. Always "Activation request could not be completed. Please retry activation later."

I might have to wait until 8.0 comes out and try again. Any help with this problem would be sincerely appreciated!

4. IndianBird macrumors 6502a

I had similar issue with my ipad. I got in DFU mode and got back to 7.2. Can't restore from backup because my backup is from 8. Trying to decide if I want to try again now that I'm back to a clean 7.2.

5. chopringle macrumors newbie

Alright so an upgrade to the official release of iOS 8.0 did not fix my activation problems. My 4S will not activate at all. Does anyone have any idea what to do to get my iPhone back to life? I can't do anything with it now.