Can't Activate Office for Mac 2011- anyone else??

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by djelite, Dec 16, 2013.

1. djelite macrumors member

I put a new seagate hybrid HD in my macbook last sunday, and when I restored from Time Machine, office asked me to activate again. I did and it says my code has been used too many times. I purchased this the day it came out... what, 2 1/2 years ago? I've used it numerous times but only on my own computers.

MS support (after about 10 calls) told me it's not my code, that it's a known issue with the activation server, and after nearly a week, more calls, more callbacks, escalating to a "level 2 technician" I'm still nowhere and they say they have no timeline for a resolution.

So- anybody else having this issue? If it is, in fact, as widespread as they say it is, surely someone else is having trouble activating...

2. NewbieCanada macrumors 68030

Yes I've run into the exact same thing, with far fewer activations than you. And the phone number hung up on me.

First time it happened, I bought another license (It was available through my company for $11).

Second time it happened, I went to a pirate copy. I've purchased it legitimately - twice! - and they won't let me run it on one single computer.

They should just give you a new license.

3. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

Here's how you can resolve this:
    Call Microsoft support again.
    The problem is on their end (you said that MS told you that)
    SO - ask for a code that WILL work. You have your original code, so MS will know that you have a valid purchase, and they should be able to do the same as they can do with activation issues on Windows - so, ask for a valid code…

(knowing that this IS Microsoft, they might not be this logical :D so good luck on that )

4. robgendreau macrumors 68030

I went this route, got a whole new number after literally about an hour with a rep (how can this save them money??). It worked during that session, but as soon as I restarted the machine it wouldn't work. So now I've got two inoperable licenses.

I opted to go to other products. If anything, their new subscription licenses and other options look to be worse.

Rob