Can't add movie to iTunes

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by klky, Nov 17, 2015.

1. klky macrumors member

klky

Yesterday I purchased Ant-Man in HD (iTunes), but am unable to add it to my iTunes library. The SD file can be added (sometimes, not all the time) but when I try adding the HD file, nothing happens. I tried re-downloading it twice to no avail. Interestingly, the cover art on the first download looked like a screen capture which I found strange. On the third download, the correct cover art (movie poster) was shown.

Has this happened to anyone before? I have already sent Apple feedback on this. I'm guessing the files are somehow corrupted? This has never happened with any movies i've downloaded previously. All my content is purchased on iTunes.

2. klky thread starter macrumors member

klky

Ok, I figured out what was going on.

When I added Ant-Man to my iTunes, it put the movie under the tab "Home Videos". Never noticed it before.
    So in the Movies section of iTunes, you see [My Movies - Unwatched - Home Videos - Playlists - iTunes Store]. I simply deleted the "Home Videos" tab and tried adding Ant-Man again and it correctly showed up in the "My Movies" tab. I have no idea why it did this for Ant-Man. Yesterday I also purchased Mission: Impossible Rogue Nation and there was no issue. Glad this is sorted! It was getting very frustrating.