can't add music directly to device anymore, why?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Trance, Feb 27, 2012.

1. Trance macrumors 6502

I done it before, but now it won't let me make a new one, when i press new playlist it creates it in iTunes not device.

how come i can't add directly to the phone anymore?

[​IMG]

2. stealthmouse macrumors newbie

With your ipod connected to your computer, click on your ipod's name on the left column in itunes, then check your settings under music (it's one of the header tabs at the top of the page, you need to click on it). You will see areas you can check off, such as syncing all your music, or just selected playlists. If you have it checked to play only selected playlists, then look below at the playlists and see if the ones you are looking for are checked. If not, then check them and sync your ipod and you should now have them. You can also uncheck any you no longer want to see on your ipod, if there are some you no longer use, to make navigation a bit easier. I'm assuming from your post that you already looked under Menu - Settings - Music Menu - Playlists on your ipod and it's checked, and what you are looking for is a specific playlist. If all your playlists are missing, then that setting would do it, as would not having any checked in itunes. This happens sometimes when you do an itunes upgrade or make some other change, and parts of the system go to default settings (or if you just click a wrong box!).