cant add music to my itunes HELP!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by smellz, Oct 10, 2010.

1. smellz macrumors member

this screenshot below is what happened to my itunes. i searched whole net and out of ways so i decided to post it here for help! it is blowing my mind! i cant take it anymore! i cant sync to my ip4 if i dont even have music on my phone. help guys! everytime i drag in music library this appears. somehow i create playlist earlier i add and i can add but now trying to add again this message appears. the other time another message appear saying i dont have enough permission. argh! :mad:

Attached Files:

2. DewGuy1999 macrumors 68040

DewGuy1999

Is this your internal hard drive? An external hard drive?

3. smellz thread starter macrumors member

internal

ok first the songs is copied from a dvd to the internal hardrive of the mac and then tried to add to library. yet sometimes nothing happens and sometimes that message pops out. frustrated already!

4. DewGuy1999 macrumors 68040

DewGuy1999

5. smellz thread starter macrumors member

yeah its untitled because last time i send back to apple store for warranty of hardrive failure. they replace it for me and installed macosx and my hardrive is named untitled. last time it used to be macintosh hd then after the replacement they reinstall it became untitled.

6. DewGuy1999 macrumors 68040

DewGuy1999

Okay, you can rename your hard drive if you like.

To solve your iTunes problem, take a look at this Apple doc:

:apple: Trouble adding music to iTunes library or importing audio CD

7. smellz thread starter macrumors member

done but still same

i downloaded new song to try to add it to the library and still same message popped out after doing all those changes

8. DewGuy1999 macrumors 68040

DewGuy1999

Did you check every folder within the iTunes Media folder to see if they have Read & Write permissions?

9. smellz thread starter macrumors member

yes i already check the whole folder is read & write but still doesnt let me do anything!

10. DewGuy1999 macrumors 68040

DewGuy1999

Can you check the other iTunes created files like iTunes Library, iTunes Library Extras.itdb, iTunes Library Genius.itdb, iTunes Music Library.xml to see if they have Read & Write permissions?

11. smellz thread starter macrumors member

yeah its done! thanks

thanks alot man u really helped me out alot! now i can do it already! cheers!

12. DewGuy1999 macrumors 68040

DewGuy1999

Great! I'm glad to hear that your back in business. :D

If you want to change the name of your hard drive to Macintosh HD or even something else, here's how:

Click your hard drive so it becomes selected. Select Get Info from the File menu. Below where it says Name & Extension, in your case it says Untiled, select that so it's highlighted and type in your new name. Close the Get Info box. Your hard drive now has a name.

13. smellz thread starter macrumors member

i change it a different way. i used finder, on the left have devices i just right click it and rename "Untitled" to "Macintosh HD"

thanks again man! now i can sync my music library to my new ip4! yey! :D and also waiting for greenpoison to announce the next jb as geohot's glitchy i heard

14. DewGuy1999 macrumors 68040

DewGuy1999

Yep that works too! :)