Can't add music to my itunes

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mashinhead, Aug 23, 2008.

1. mashinhead macrumors 68020

I'm trying to add music to my library and when i drag and drop the folder into music I just says I don't have privleages to do so. I don't understand i have checked all permisions and they are ok, i have tried opening the file directly, importing from file and dragging and drop and they all don't work. i have repaired permissions, restarted everything. Now I can't add anything to my Library again!?????? It is all on an external with a back up on another and both are having the same issue. these are the same drives i have used for 2 years and i've never had this problem. I have repaired disks on both

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Are the files being dragged from the external too?

3. mashinhead thread starter macrumors 68020

No, the library is on there and i can play files form the library on the external, the files are from the HD on the CPU

The error is the same as the one on this link: http://forums.macresource.com/read/1/339756

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Can you drag the files to the external, and then into the library?

5. mashinhead thread starter macrumors 68020

i dragged the file directly into the external in the appropriate place in the itunes folder and it asked me to authenticate and when i did then it allowed me to deposit it. Why is it doing that all of a sudden and how to remove that?

6. mashinhead thread starter macrumors 68020

so i clicked the ignore ownership check box on the get info window and that worked, is that normal?