Cant add pictures to Notes

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by Big Stevie, Sep 19, 2016.

1. Big Stevie macrumors 6502a

Big Stevie

Im having problems with Notes on my iphone7 IOS10. I can't add pictures, lock notes, sketch with finger or share notes. I don't have the icons on the screen. Anyone know why?

Heres a screen shot of my Notes page, without any of the icons at the top...

[​IMG]

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

3. Big Stevie thread starter macrumors 6502a

Big Stevie

Just had a look, and yes, they are in iCloud. Is there a way of getting them stored on my phone instead, and would this solve the issue?

4. C DM macrumors Westmere

Well, I know on my phone for iCloud notes I get the option to use all those things, but if I use a note for another account, like Google, then I don't get those options. Also, at some point I had to upgrade Notes to get the new features, perhaps that hasn't been done in your case?

5. Big Stevie thread starter macrumors 6502a

Big Stevie

Cant find an option to upgrade Notes. I did update my iPhone7 from IOS10 to IOS10.1 straight after buying it.

6. C DM macrumors Westmere

Realistically the note upgrade should have been all the way back from iOS 9 days: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204987

Are you seeing other features for notes, like being able to password protect them or use any other "upgraded" features? https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT205773

7. Big Stevie thread starter macrumors 6502a

Big Stevie

No, I don't see any of those features. Incidentally, my macbook is still running Yosemite as I haven't upgraded to El Capitan, but I doubt that would affect my iPhone?