Can't Add Printer

Discussion in 'macOS' started by mfurd, Nov 4, 2007.

1. mfurd macrumors newbie

I have a HP Color Laser Jet Printer on a Network. I cannot add the driver onto my add printer. All I get is the spinning beach ball. What else can I do. I have downloaded and installed the driver from the HP website. Sort of stuck on what to do next.

2. illuminous macrumors member

I know this is a bit off your issue but when it comes to printing it seems leopard/tiger falls short. I bought a HP all-in-one PSC1315, only to find out most of the features aren't supported by Mac (double sided printing), really quite annoying, even called HP to find out if there was anything I could do, turns out nothing. Now even with an upgrade to leopard, still doesnt work, not to mention now only can print about 50% of the time, the rest it just there waiting to print but nothing happens. Oh well, just a quick restart in to Windows and all is good. Real shame though.

3. WannaGoMac macrumors 65816

Brother printers have much better Mac support from what I have seen...

4. illuminous macrumors member

It is an absolute joke that apple can't do something about it. Only thing stopping me from ditching Windows altogether. I got a PSC1315, and can't double side print in Leopard. They should stop making menu bars transparent and making new desktop backgrounds and fix the basics. I hate Microsoft and Windows in general, but least they can do it.