can't add stills to idvd buttons

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Julie J, Jan 11, 2009.

1. Julie J macrumors newbie

I'm totally confused--I follow instructions carefully--and can't add stills to my idvd buttons. I select the button, drag the photo from iphoto and can't get the green plus sign. Twice in 4 hours of messing around, I got one to stick, but that's all. I'm dragging from iphoto. The program is 1 hour long and has 19 chapters. This is a brand new computer 2.8 ghz, intel core, brand new software. Anyone ever seen this problem? I would appreciate any help Thanks!

2. DPA macrumors 65816

DPA

Does an error message appear when the image doesn't stick? And is there a size difference between the images that stick and the ones that don't? If so, what is the difference.

David

3. Julie J thread starter macrumors newbie

no error

No error message. These pictures are all different sizes and there's no correlation, Ones that worked were 734 X 551 and 2,640 X 1920. One that didn't was 1,080 X 720. I can easily drop into the background, and get a green plus sign. In the button window I get a red circle with the number 1. Even when they stick, I don't see a green plus sign first. I've tried this with different themes, old and new.

Is something wrong with idvd itself, do you think?

Frustrating thing is, last year with an older computer and idvd 6, this client got cool image buttons. This year, with a fancy new computer, I'm about to tell the same client--no cool buttons. I look like an idiot.

4. Pomeroy macrumors 6502

Pomeroy

I too tried dragging a photo and dropping on a button, doesn't work. But if you Right click on the button and select Show Inspector Window you will see a place to drop your photo.. You can also go up to View and select Show Inspector... Hope this helps you.