Can't add stuff to my iPhone4s, why??

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by xkj1985x, Jan 1, 2012.

1. xkj1985x macrumors newbie

I have multiple mac computers in our home and my iPhone4s REFUSES to add anything (drag/drop) on my iMacs and I cannot figure out why.

It gives me the option to sync this library but it would be overwriting everything thats currently on the phone and I do NOT want to do that. I simply would like to add an app and some ringtones off my Mac downstairs that is on this computer but I can't.

How do I fix this? I just want to plug my phone in and grab a few things and go, not have to resync my phone everytime and have everything wiped/replaced.

I don't see any option like I had on my iPod's to manually manage the phone, I see manually manage videos but that is it. How do I make it so I can manage my phone myself when its plugged in and NOT have to sync it?

Thanks.

2. ChristianJapan macrumors 601

ChristianJapan

Normally you can only have one library synced at one time. So how about copy the files you want to share between the macs and just keep syncing with the original Mac. That should work.
    Might also that icloud could help if you connect all macs to one accounts.

3. xkj1985x thread starter macrumors newbie

I have my cloud connected to all my devices using the same mobileme account (ipad2, macbook pro 11, two imacs (2009s) and two iphone4s) but it still won't allow me to do anything on the mac downstairs, so frustrating.