Can't add videos in iTunes

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by SlovakApple, Jul 9, 2010.

1. SlovakApple macrumors 6502

Hello!

Hope this is the right forum for my question. As stated in the thread name, I have problems to add vidoes to iTunes. I converted them to .m4v format using Handbrake. Then I choose "Add file to Library" in iTunes but nothing happens after that. I tried to google an answer or find it here on the forums but nothing what could help me (maybe I am too dumb). Anyway, thanks for an answer in advance!

Regards
    Michael

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Do you know what codec the .mp4 uses? Can you open the .mp4 in QuickTime and press CMD+I to se what codecs for audio and video is used?

What format and codec is used on the source files, before you transcoded them to .mp4 files?

3. SlovakApple thread starter macrumors 6502

Hi!

Thanks for the really fast response. I have no idea as I have used the predefined parameters "iPod/iPhone" in Handbrake. I am using Windows (what a shame ;)), could you post the windows alternative to CMD+I? The source format of the vidoes was .wmv.

EDIT: I tried to run the videos in Quicktime but it says that Quicktime does not understand the file.
    EDIT2:Sorry, it is .m4v, not .mp4...my mistake

4. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

If you have QuickTime for Windows, open the .mp4 in there and press CTRL+I to open the Movie Inspector and tell us what it says there, including the codecs used. Maybe you can take a screenshot and attach it to your next post via Additional Options > Attach Files.

5. SlovakApple thread starter macrumors 6502

As I have written in the EDIT, Quicktime cannot open the video, although I used the "iPod/iPhone" params in Handbrake. It says the following:

Attached Files: