Can't answer calls - blank screen

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by magnita, Oct 29, 2009.

1. magnita macrumors newbie

I love the concept, but I am on my 4th iphone because of problems I keep having.

Currently the lastest issue is my phone will ring, but won't turn on for me to answer it. The phone rings, but remains off and while the phone is ringing I am unable to get a screen to answer it.

Also, there are times after taking a call I go to "end call", but the screen blanks out and turns off. I am unable to end the call or turn the phone back on for a time period.

Any ideas on what is happening or ways to troubleshoot? Trying to avoid another visit to the genius bar. I have been there twice in the last couple of weeks already and I think they keep giving me defective restored phones. I had gotten a new one because the vibrate button on the side fell off (how strange is that?). At this point I would gladly take back my working phone without the vibrate button then these defective restores.

2. wackymacky macrumors 68000

wackymacky

I had the exact same problem, which occured abot 20-30 times (I was contemplating throwing my phone from a tall building.

It seems to have been fixed with the recent change to firmeware 3.1.2.

Is your software up to date?