Can't arrange Apps on Series 1 AW

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by mizmimi02, Jan 20, 2017.

1. mizmimi02 macrumors 6502

mizmimi02

I have tried searching the forum, but didn't find any other thread. I am unable to figure out how to arrange the apps without them wanting to go back to the "grid" when I go to move the next app. I have watched videos, followed tutorials etc, but I am unable to move them to where I want them. Any ideas? Thanks!

2. Abazigal macrumors G3

Abazigal

[​IMG]

Here's my Apple Watch home screen.

It's not the easiest to figure out, but you kinda figure it out after a while. I can't really explain it, and it's not really an exercise I would redo anytime soon.

3. Septembersrain Contributor

Septembersrain

Oh my gosh! You're my new hero. That is incredibly awesome. Must have taken you a bit to complete huh?

4. Abazigal macrumors G3

Abazigal

Less than one hour actually. The first few minutes is the most frustrating, because the icons keep sliding around, but you find the trick to keeping them in their place after a while (you need to slide the icon really out of the way around from one end to the other).

Got the inspiration from another member at Reddit. Basically the idea is that the most commonly accessed apps are in the middle around the clock app. Swipe left for workout apps, right for messaging, down for utility and up for social / lifestyle. Some apps are there just to make up the numbers and complete that symmetrical look.

So this is what you can expect.

[​IMG]
    Main home screen.
    [​IMG]
    Swipe right.
    [​IMG]
    Swipe left.
    [​IMG]
    Swipe up.

Feels a little more organised than pecking amongst a shapeless blob of app icons.

5. Relentless Power macrumors Core

Relentless Power

I don't even have a third of the apps that you do to make that arrangement of icons. Clever though. I do hope Apple will allow some sort of different type of app home screen in Watch OS4. I'm not a fan of the cluster.

6. Julien macrumors G4

Julien

You guys are using the iPhone to arrange your apps? 10x easer/faster than using the :apple:Watch.

7. Abazigal macrumors G3

Abazigal

Yup. All done via the phone app. Even I am not that masochistic.