can't attach files to e-mails in Mail OX10.5.1

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by chromatique, Jan 12, 2008.

1. chromatique macrumors newbie

2 days ago Mail stopped letting me attach files to an e-mail (JPGS & PDFS were what I was attempting). I could neither drag the icon into the body of the e-mail, or attatch the files by clicking the "Attach" icon. Nothing showed up in the body of the e-mail.

I rebooted the machine and was able to attach twice, but then again, the same problem.

Now, even after rebooting, I cannot attach any files to an email

I'm on an iMac in OX10.5.1 Leopard and I am frustrated

Thanks

2. nemex macrumors regular

nemex

Try using Onyx, a free system utility, and run the Maintenance routines (permissions and Script) and check if this corrected the problem, if not you can tray cleaning the caches, from Onyx

Hope this helps :apple:

3. Louisechapman macrumors newbie

Can't attach a file in MAIL

Exactly the same thing has happened to my. I can attach a file in my other account but not my mac account email.

Can anyone help.

4. ltldrummerboy macrumors 68000

ltldrummerboy

Try upgrading to 10.5.2. But definitely do as Nemex says and run some maintenance scripts. MainMenu is a great app for that.

5. Louisechapman macrumors newbie

Can't attach file

I am new to all this an have no idea what the maintenance programs are.

6. bethwt macrumors newbie

Mac Mail attachments

i stumbled when trying to attach messages then discovered that i had to enter text in the message body to make it work. I'm still stymied by attachments with images that want to embed rather than than simply attach.

7. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Inline display of graphics is a feature of the email client. It has absolutely nothing to do with the format of the message. If you want to control what your recipient sees, then you need to dramatically rethink what you are trying to do. As I said before, the email client determines how graphics are displayed. Your recipient's email client determines what he/she sees. People who don't understand how email works often waste enormous amounts of time trying to control things that they have no control of. If you don't want your recipient to see your graphic inline, then zip the file before you attach it.