Can't authorize Mac for iTunes

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by shannonbrooke, Jan 30, 2012.

1. shannonbrooke, Jan 30, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2012

shannonbrooke macrumors member

I got a new Mac recently and decided to set up my iTunes account. I signed in with my Apple ID and plugged in the iPhone to transfer purchases from the iPhone to iTunes. When I try to do so, it says nothing can be transferred because I "am not authorized for them on this computer." So I hit "Store" and "Authorize this computer" as it told me to, and it tells me the computer is already authorized! It's an endless cycle of this over and over again. What am I to do? :(

2. Da Citizen macrumors newbie

Da Citizen

Why don't you unauthorise all your computers and start again? Takes 2 mins...

3. shannonbrooke thread starter macrumors member

Because I still want my other PC to be authorized. And when I deauthorize the Mac and reauthorize it again, it does the same thing.

4. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

Read the Apple document iTunes Store: About authorization and deauthorization. See if you already have 5 Activations on your account and this way you can reset the iTunes store device authorizations and re-sign on on every computer again. If you don't Deauthorize a computer from the iTunes Music store when done using it.

5. shannonbrooke thread starter macrumors member

I don't have five computers authorized, only two.

6. JediMeister macrumors 68040