Can't back Iphone 5se to compter

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by theslaz, Apr 22, 2016.

1. theslaz macrumors 6502

Had this problem back in January when my wife purchased a Iphone 6s. Tried to restore the Iphone from her older Desktop Imac 2008 with Lion 10.7.5 and Itunes version 12.2.2; she got an error stating that it needed a newer version of Itunes. Clicking update Itunes tells her that her Itunes is up to date.

She just tried to backup again and gets the same error.

Is there a workaround to this?

Just noticed that I mentioned that she has a 5se. Not; she has a Iphone 6s. I have a 5se! Couldn't see how to edit the heading. Should be "Can't backup Iphone 6s to computer"

2. pcoventry76 macrumors member

What is this 5SE? Do you mean the 5 OR the SE?

3. keysofanxiety macrumors 604

keysofanxiety

Lion will not support the latest version of iTunes. You will need to update to El Capitan (OS X 10.11).

To do this, open the App Store on their computer, and click the 'Updates' tab. There should be the El Cap update visible there. It's a free upgrade. Once that's downloaded and installed, the backup through iTunes should work fine.

4. theslaz thread starter macrumors 6502

Forgot to mention that I also checked for updates on the computer and I still got the "No updates available' message. But, having said that; I did what you suggested and went to the App store. It downloaded the El Cap update and installed it. Only problem was; I had no Blue Tooth. Had to fix that before I could try anything. But everything is good. The phone is backed up.

Thanks for your prompt reply.

5. TantalizedMind macrumors 6502a

TantalizedMind

What's an Iphone 5se? Itunes? Imac?

hUh?¿?¿