Can't back Iphone 5se to compter

theslaz

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 12, 2009
Calgary; Alberta; Canada
Had this problem back in January when my wife purchased a Iphone 6s. Tried to restore the Iphone from her older Desktop Imac 2008 with Lion 10.7.5 and Itunes version 12.2.2; she got an error stating that it needed a newer version of Itunes. Clicking update Itunes tells her that her Itunes is up to date.

She just tried to backup again and gets the same error.

Is there a workaround to this?

Just noticed that I mentioned that she has a 5se. Not; she has a Iphone 6s. I have a 5se! Couldn't see how to edit the heading. Should be "Can't backup Iphone 6s to computer"

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Nov 23, 2011
Had this problem back in January when my wife purchased a Iphone 6s. Tried to restore the Iphone from her older Desktop Imac 2008 with Lion 10.7.5 and Itunes version 12.2.2; she got an error stating that it needed a newer version of Itunes. Clicking update Itunes tells her that her Itunes is up to date.

She just tried to backup again and gets the same error.

Is there a workaround to this?

Just noticed that I mentioned that she has a 5se. Not; she has a Iphone 6s. I have a 5se! Couldn't see how to edit the heading. Should be "Can't backup Iphone 6s to computer"
Lion will not support the latest version of iTunes. You will need to update to El Capitan (OS X 10.11).

To do this, open the App Store on their computer, and click the 'Updates' tab. There should be the El Cap update visible there. It's a free upgrade. Once that's downloaded and installed, the backup through iTunes should work fine.

theslaz

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 12, 2009
Calgary; Alberta; Canada
Forgot to mention that I also checked for updates on the computer and I still got the "No updates available' message. But, having said that; I did what you suggested and went to the App store. It downloaded the El Cap update and installed it. Only problem was; I had no Blue Tooth. Had to fix that before I could try anything. But everything is good. The phone is backed up.

Thanks for your prompt reply.