Cant back up my iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Shahaf, Oct 5, 2013.

1. Shahaf macrumors newbie

When i'm trying to back up my iPhone my comupter sais :
    "iTunes could not back up the iPhone "Shahaf's iPhone" because the backup could not be saved on the computer"

Apparently the problem is that I have no space on drive C
    Can move the backup to another drive? How?

2. Shahaf thread starter macrumors newbie

3. deeddawg macrumors 604

Seems you already have the solution to the error, need more space for the backup.

Either free up enough space on your C drive, swap the drive for one with higher capacity, or move your iTunes library to a different drive. The google link listed several links to how to do the latter.

4. Shahaf thread starter macrumors newbie

I dont have enough space on C, than i moved the backup folder to D (Where i have eneough free space).
    but the problem keep coming...

5. Wolfpup macrumors 68030

How did you move it?

If your drive doesn't have enough space to back up an iOS device IMO it's too full anyway...

6. Shahaf thread starter macrumors newbie

7. deeddawg macrumors 604

Lack of response indicates there's no obvious fix given the provided information; it'd probably take someone with expertise to sit with your computer and figure out what's going on.

The cleaner/better solution is leave the folder on C: and either move other stuff to free up space or replace your drive with a larger one.

If your C drive is so full that you don't have room to backup your phone, it's so full that it's likely impacting general performance of the computer as a whole. As a rule of thumb, I consider a drive "full" when it reaches 90% utilization.

8. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

Run a disk defragmentation to clear a lot of space.