Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jmargolis

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 10, 2007
I setup my iPhone 5 by restoring from iCloud backup. The restore appears to have completed, and I got an alert saying something to that effect (though it also said some items couldn't be restored and to connect to iTunes to restore music which I think is normal because music is not in the iCloud backup). So I connected to iTunes and loaded up the iPhone with all my music and that has completed as well. Everything looks good. However, when I go to Settings -> iCloud -> Backup & Restore, the backup option is greyed out with a message saying that this iPhone is currently being restored. But it's been hours since it appears to have finished restoring. I suppose I could tap Stop Restoring iPhone. But that sounds dangerous. Any suggestions?

Btw, I am using latest version of iTunes. Only thing out of the ordinary is that the iCloud backup is from my iPhone 4S running iOS 5.1.1. Should I have upgraded my old iPhone to iOS6 before doing the backup? Any other suggestions?

Attachments

• IMG_1306.PNG
    IMG_1306.PNG
    150.9 KB · Views: 795

sluggozmom

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2011
Massachusetts
While I was setting up my husbands i5 it told me a back up was already in progress (or something like that).
I had to turn off the icloud back up on his old iPhone and then it restored.
Not sure why that happened.... Mine worked without having to switch anything off on my old phone.
Good luck!

jmargolis

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 10, 2007
It's the camera roll. I go to the Camera Roll and it says Downloading 72 of 234. It was stuck on 72 for at least 10 minutes. Now it says 73. Whoo hoo! So this must be it. Hopefully it will be done by morning :).

AlPlPlLE

macrumors regular
Jan 10, 2012
It's the camera roll. I go to the Camera Roll and it says Downloading 72 of 234. It was stuck on 72 for at least 10 minutes. Now it says 73. Whoo hoo! So this must be it. Hopefully it will be done by morning :).

This ^ I had 1k photos on my phone and took all the videos and pics to come back a little while. Just let it go and it'll finish up after the camera roll is done.

7bigseon7

macrumors newbie
Dec 14, 2013

Thanks that fixed my iPhone

----------

This ^ I had 1k photos on my phone and took all the videos and pics to come back a little while. Just let it go and it'll finish up after the camera roll is done.

Thanks that fixed my iPhone

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.