Can't be on my MBP for the internet for a few days...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by a-m-k, Jun 12, 2010.

1. a-m-k macrumors 6502a

a-m-k

We lost our WLAN. I haven't been sitting here long, and it's so wierd, and loud. I am using a non-mac (GASP!) tower, but the tower isn't loud.... just the keyboard.

When I say "lost the wireless" The WLAN CORD died, btw. So, my MBP will get a break since I don't have games, but will the garage band still work "offline"?

2. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

garage Band works just fine offline, so long as you weren't working off a network drive.

Can't you just plug an ethernet cable into the MBP?

3. a-m-k thread starter macrumors 6502a

a-m-k

I didn't know anyone responded to this. LOL. The problem's been fixed a long time ago, and no I can't because the WLAN cord is very short. Maybe the next time one of those cords go out, I'll look into buying the "monster" ethernet cord so if my sister who has a laptop, too, but not a MB. can sit comfortably. Our computer area is a little crammed and it's sometimes uncomfortable, at least for me, to sit and do whatever.

I don't think you'd ask why so many either computers or laptops (but one isn't a "laptop"), Long story, and to make it short, my sister is weird. We were just fine with what we had when we had a (barely) functioning LAPTOP. She just felt she needed a laptop of her own because three other people were sharing the laptop with her. (It was the "family" laptop, which may or may not have made it to 4 years. I don't think it did. Various problems. Shoddy workmanship of repairs (not by our tech support repair guy) and an all around hunk of junk.)

Said laptop was declared dead (once again a motherboard issue) a little over a year ago. Maybe closer to two years ago. I waited a few months to buy my MBP because I didn't have enough to pay for it by lump sum so I applied for a a store credit card primarily used for Mac things. (IE. if I wanted, an external hard drive. I don't see that being a problem right now.)

So I've been a happy MBP owner for 14 months. It was just like putting on a glove. The transition was that easy. I wanted to switch earlier because of the previous experiences with that laptop, but I was "strapped" for cash because of prior agreements.

And so, I have decided to take on anything that needs repaired, replaced, or added on to my MBP because, I was the one who bought it with a little help from my dad. (Only because my brand new credit card had an X credit limit.)

4. g-bomber macrumors newbie

I dont think he thought he'd ask it either... but thank you for anticipating his questions and sharing the long story anyway..

5. a-m-k thread starter macrumors 6502a

a-m-k

LOL :)