Can't believe its been a week!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ne0star, Nov 16, 2007.

1. ne0star macrumors regular

I can't believe I have had my iphone for a week already. I seemed to have been waiting for one since it was announced in January.

A week on its still the best phone I have owned. I just love using it, and everyone I have showed it too has been well impressed.

Being able to surf the web, and check my emails so easily still makes me smile.

I could sit and talk to someone all day about what makes this phone so great.

One thing that has impressed me that seems to have made a lot of headlines is the camera. It might be only 2mp but it clearly has a fairly good sensor as the images are very crisp (unless its dark).

I have also got the hang of using the favourites which is more than a substitue for speed dial for me. A copy and paste would be nice, but I love the little magnifying glass for editing.

I was fortunate enough to get one on launch day with a 7457092 screen which has no dead pixels or negative issues and it has worked prefectly.

It is expenisve, and I managed to offset the cost by selling my 6 month old N95 for £235 so my iphone only actually cost £34, but it has been worth every penny for me.

How is everyone else doing?

2. sneeks macrumors 6502a

I remain very happy with my iPhone after 1 week of ownership. The screen suffers no negative black issues but does have one dark dead pixel. I cannot decide if I should swap it for a new handset or not, the Apple Store have offered to replace it for me. Knowing my luck I'd get one that was worse :D

No signal strength issues either.

3. alFR macrumors 68020

4. CD3660 macrumors 68040

CD3660

I am totally delighted with mine and particularly like the email functionality.

The only drawback is that my other half complains that I'm ignoring her. At least the MacBook Pro is getting a break from that particular criticism! :D

5. redgaz26 macrumors 68020

redgaz26

loving my phone, put some ringtones on today(after i had sussed out garageband) and have die hard 4 on it with excellent picture quality!!!
    it's the coolest little thing ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. DogcowUK macrumors member

Still blown away by mine too, my Nokia Internet Tablet hit Ebay about 10 minutes after I got home with the iPhone :D

Missing it today though... wifey wanted to show it off to a few of her friends, silly woman refuses to switch to o2 and just got a Samsung U600 which is utter poop.

7. ~Phi macrumors regular

I've had mine for more than 2 months and I'm still in love with it. I can't seem to stop touching it. :D I don't miss my treo at all.

8. merlinmagician macrumors member

I can't remember what I did before I had my iPhone.

Find myself sitting at home surfing on the phone rather than using the laptop. Just because it's quick and easy (I have 5 year old Powerbook).

Sit at work with my headphones on and listening to music, audiobooks etc. Although my colleagues look at me a little strange when I am talking to the missus. Looks like I am talking to myself.

Loving the screen and the functionality. Think the keyboard is excellent if not a little fiddly at times.

Was demonstrating it yesterday to one of our developers. Compared it to my old O2 XDA Orbit. The interface and phone looks so dated in comparison which is weird as it's only 6 months old.

Would really like some more killer apps on it though. iWork interface would be cool so would some new widgets.

9. SayCheese macrumors 6502a

Love the phone. The interface, the apps, the way it all integrates etc.

However I am thinking of returning it as I cannot get a signal on O2 at home. :mad:

I love the phone and am not sure how I will cope without it.

Not wanting to return it at all but the O2 network is **** where I live.

10. Marky macrumors regular

Can't believe it either, one week ago I was in the Q at O2 in Newport, a week later and I'm still the proud owner of one of the best 'devices' I've ever had the pleasure of purchasing.

I really really can't get over how good Safari is on it. Most of the time i'm browsing on GPRS as Edge isn't fully rolled out here in Cardiff (where I live) or Newport (where i work).

I seriously expected, from what everyone was saying in advance, that Edge would be really slow.
    I expected slower than what I'm now getting with GPRS on this beauty.

On the rare occasions I enter an Edge 'zone' it really whips along, ok not as great as when I'm on WIFI at home or at a hotspot but much better than 3G on some of my colleagues phones.

I've converted several colleagues to the iPhone or in a couple of cases the iPod Touch.

They and I 'Enjoy' our phone.........not something I ever thought I'd say about a mobile phone!

11. camarobh macrumors 6502

Me too!

Bought my iPhone on launch day in the US. Still love it as much as the day I bought it.

12. Bernie-Mac macrumors 65816

Same here, it was worth the wait in line

13. snapper07 macrumors 6502

love it love it love it!!
    what a week not a single person i've shown it does not fall in love with it even the biggest cynics are enchanted by it, they forget what they've read or seen that has been negative about it!
    But this week will be so much better my number has finally ported over so just me and my baby blackberry in draw never to see the light of day again!!:):):):):):apple::cool:

14. Hands0n macrumors member

I waited it out. Just picked one up today from Bluewater on the way home from work. I had absolutely no intention of getting one before a 3G model arrived. But I got one in my hands today at work and thats it, I was stuffed! Couldn't do the 25 miles to BW on the motorcycle quickly enough. :D

I have the iPod Touch and it gave me a taster for the touchscreen. The iPhone just blows me away. It is a bit good.

I really struggled with the decision though - I absolutely hate O2. So entering into a 18 month contract with them is a real leap of faith for me. But I'm getting a good 2G signal here and have seen EDGE kick in a few times at home.

Hot Tip: Buy at the Apple store and not CPW or the O2 shop - no hassle shopping, in and out within 5 minutes (sh*t they can take your money so quick in the store :D ). The registration at home in iTunes is a snip - usual Apple front-end. Nice.

15. page3 macrumors 6502

Same here. Love it, even if Edge coverage is poor here in London! Still, Safari is quicker on Edge than UIQ3 is on 3G - yep, 3G is all technical spec rather than real world performance.

Yes, the iPhone might be lacking some 'features', but is squished full of often ignored features such as design, build quality, speed, GUI, etc etc.

Finally a phone I actually enjoy using :)

16. SayCheese macrumors 6502a

Update to the above. I have managed to get enough of a signal to send/recieve text messages. All I really do at home.

I love the phone and I think that if I can get just enough signal then I will keep it.

17. CD3660 macrumors 68040

CD3660

Are you having to hang out of an upstaires window to do it? :D

Hope you don't regret it once the 'shine' of the new toy wears off and the frustrations of a poor signal become magnified! :)

18. SayCheese macrumors 6502a

No not hanging out of an upstairs window! :D

I get four bars of signal with it sat on my desk next to my laptop and I get two bars if I sit it next to a window downstairs and plug it in. So just enough downstairs to send and receive messages and enough upstairs to make calls.

The problem with my house is that I live in a valley. I'm surrounded on three sides by hills. :mad:

19. mikahopity macrumors member

Ugh... I was sick of these posts back in June, and I'm definitely sick of them now.

Apple should have released this thing everywhere in June so that we could get all this gushing out of the way.

(note: I got an iPhone on iDay and I still like it... :apple:)

20. fastbite macrumors 6502a

fastbite

Love mine too, except I wish the call sound quality was better - either that or I could change my ears.

21. benfilan macrumors 6502

benfilan

lovin' it

I'm loving mine too. I've had mine less than a week, (got it last sunday) and its still so so so slick. I've had loads of people comment on it....on the bus, in the office, out with my friends even just walking down the street. I'm so glad I got it when I did, the novelty of it is priceless :D

22. SayCheese macrumors 6502a

Every time that I have taken the iPhone out of my pocket (at a gathering with friends, down the pub and even in the coffee shop) people have almost tripped over themselves to have a look and a play.

They all think it is cool and then I show them the song list to cover flow feature and the internet zoom in and they think it is even better.

23. fiftydollarshoe macrumors regular

So true.... here's my story..... get in a cab to meet a friend at a pub... cab driver knows the destination area but not the actual pub.... so I pull out iPhone look up the pub on Google maps, pinch to zoom in and show him he directions..... go to pub, meet friend and she mentions she's going to see Amy Winehouse this Saturday... I want to go so I log onto eBay bid for a ticket then I mention to her if she saw Amy doing a line on youTube (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=YSH6LKHPLyk)... no so I log into youTube and show her that video (and email her the link) then she asks if I saw Amy perform "Stronger than me" on Jools Holland (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=FjHQV-SuqNE)... I say no so I look at that on youTube and love it so much I go to iTunes wireless store and purchase the song.... couple hours later I look on Google maps for a cab company call them up and then cab is out the front in 15 minutes.... on my way home with earbuds in listening to my newly downloaded song..... now that one smart phone.... its a very social device with the in-built speaker.....

24. bluedevil14 macrumors regular

bluedevil14