Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CAJensen01

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 3, 2008
Trying to bind a 10.6.4 machine to our AD domain. Other machines bind fine, this one does not. It says the network admin's credentials provided are invalid when attempting to bind (step 3).

2010-08-13 10:16:38 EDT - T[0x0000000100781000] - Active Directory: Password verify for xxx@domain.COM failed with error -1765328230

Where xxx is the username and domain is the domain. I've pulled this from the debug file for directoryservice.

I've used the same account to bind others and still can. Had someone else try their admin account too, with the same result. Binding via terminal throws the same result. Tried trashing directoryservice and restarting. Can't find any record of the box contacting or trying to authenticate against the DCs on the DCs event logs.

Any thoughts on what would be the problem here?

timbloom

macrumors 6502a
Jan 19, 2002
Trying to bind a 10.6.4 machine to our AD domain. Other machines bind fine, this one does not. It says the network admin's credentials provided are invalid when attempting to bind (step 3).

2010-08-13 10:16:38 EDT - T[0x0000000100781000] - Active Directory: Password verify for xxx@domain.COM failed with error -1765328230

Where xxx is the username and domain is the domain. I've pulled this from the debug file for directoryservice.

I've used the same account to bind others and still can. Had someone else try their admin account too, with the same result. Binding via terminal throws the same result. Tried trashing directoryservice and restarting. Can't find any record of the box contacting or trying to authenticate against the DCs on the DCs event logs.

Any thoughts on what would be the problem here?

First thing I always check is that the clocks on the server and client match. If they are off by 5 min. they will usually not bind.

CAJensen01

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 3, 2008
First thing I always check is that the clocks on the server and client match. If they are off by 5 min. they will usually not bind.

Thanks for the suggestion, but unfortunately the time skew is correct/not the issue. I didn't think of that this time around, though. :)

tjknab

macrumors newbie
Dec 15, 2010
Can't bind to AD

I'm have the same issue. Other Macs can bind without any problems. I'm having an issue on one MacBook Pro.
Any fixes?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.